I was very surprised an honoured to get an email pop into my inbox with my blog nominated for the One Lovely Blogger Award! Thank you to Natascha at Natascha’s Palace who nominated us for this award. If you don’t have time to read all of this post please scroll to the bottom to see a list of my favourite blogs which I nominate for this award because I think they are lovely!
Part of receiving this award includes that you have to share 7 things about yourself. This is the hard part there isn’t much interesting or exciting about me.
1. I am Mom to one beautiful little girl who you know as Evie. This is our blog is our hobby that we create together.
2. My dream would be to have a self sufficient farm to garden and have lots of animals and a few beehives.
3. I love crows, scones and baby goats.
4. I have a university degree in Biology and while in uni I participated in a whale rescue operation who rescued whales trapped in sea ice and fishing nets.
5. I use to work at Godiva Chocolatier when I lived in Toronto, where I think I ate my weight in truffles.
6. We have two pets: A West Highland Terrier (Max) and a Budgie (Oliver).
7. I once met David Suzuki (big deal for me) and author Elizabeth George (got a book signed for my cousin who is a fan), not together but in separate functions. And I sat next to Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys on a plane once on the way to Portland Oregon. He was with an entourage and they were all signing and having fun while my husband and I just sat looking cool like it was no big deal.
Now on to the more interesting part, which is nominating other blogs, I get to nominated 15! It was hard to choose because I follow so many great blogs. You are not obligated to participate in this. I will love your blogs all the same whether you choose to participate or not!
The Kitchen’s Garden http://thekitchensgarden.com
Bunny Kitchen http://bunnykitchen.com
Sally’s Baking Addiction http://sallysbakingaddiction.com
A Cake Bakes in Brooklyn http://www.acakebakesinbrooklyn.com
My Kitchen Witch https://americanfoodieabroad.wordpress.com
jane’s patisserie http://janespatisserie.com
Small Things http://www.gsheller.com
Bunny and Mimsey https://bunnyandmimseysfoodblog.wordpress.com
Anne Wheaton http://annewheaton.co.uk
The Chalk Hills Kitchen http://miskcooks.com
A Uni Kitchen https://myunikitchen.wordpress.com
A Complete Book https://thecompletecookbook.wordpress.com
Daisy and the Fox https://daisyandthefox.wordpress.com
Cooking without Limits https://cookingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com